Tuesday 9 April 2013

Welcome & Introduction

Welcome to all my Endo Sisters, and anyone who has come across this blog searching for information on Endometriosis. I hope this blog will be a source of information and help to each and every one of you.

WHO?
My name is Cher, and I've had Endo for 15 years. I'm 30 years old now, so I definitely feel like a bit of a "veteran" when it comes to dealing with this disease. I live in the Greater Toronto Area, and am engaged to a handsome, wonderful, supportive man. (Wedding in less than 6 months! Woah!) I teach English; I enjoy gardening, cooking, reading, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle - more on that later.

WHAT?
The purpose of this blog is a bit of a buffet. My aim is to offer a little bit of this and little bit of that, from within the Endo world. Take what you need, and leave the rest. Remember that this disease hits every person differently, so the information I offer may or may not work for you. Don't be discouraged; take the next step on your journey and keep your head up. Remember also that I'm NOT a doctor, and no information on this site is offered in place of professional diagnoses or treatments.

I would love to connect with any other blogging Endo Sisters! If that's you, get in touch with me!

You can expect updates about cooking, home remedies, fitness, relaxation, doctors' appointments, and really anything else related to Endo. If you're afraid of words like "vagina" and "uterus," this probably isn't going to be the blog for you.

WHEN?
I make no promises of routine updates. My work schedule changes every week, so sometimes my days flow better than others. If you follow me on twitter (@cherceegf) I'll be sure to mention updates there. Otherwise, check back often!

WHERE?
There are a few places you can contact me, if desired.
Email: myendowellness@yahoo.ca
Twitter: @cherceegf
Leave a comment after a post!

WHY?
After years of going it mostly alone, I sympathise with the newly-diagnosed and thos struggling to live with Endo. I know what it's like to be either drowning in confusing information, or not finding any information at all. I have some information and ideas to share that I hope will be beneficial to everyone. My experiences with the Endo Sisterhood site (endosisterhood.ca) and all the Endo Sisters on Twitter and Facebook have shown me that we are stronger and healthier together, rather than navigating our Endo mazes alone. Let's stick together, help each other out, and make a difference in each other's lives.

Let's get started! Each journey begins with a single step. You've already started!


With peace & joy,
Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment