Thursday 25 April 2013

Dairy Attack!

I meant to post this on Sunday, but this is the first chance I've had to check in on things here.

Anyway, as you know, I've cut out dairy entirely these days, in keeping with the Endo Diet. On Sunday, my mom and I went out for lunch at the mall after church, to do some walking around and get an idea of the new styles for spring. (And I bought the most perfect navy blazer - but I digress....)

We went to Moxie's, which has a good handle on gluten-free food prep. We shared a Santorini salad, which is a salad of greens, tomatoes, olives, and boccaccini cheese (hold the croutons please). I figured I could eat around the boccaccini, since it's not like gluten for cross-contamination (for me, anyway).I'd forgotten that the salad also has a generous sprinkling of feta cheese all over it. Sigh.

I felt too stupid to send it back, since it was my own fault anyway. I thought the little bit wouldn't matter. I tucked in, and about 30 minutes later, wasn't feeling so well. A couple of uncomfortable trips to the bathroom later, I was official Not Well. Lovely.

For me, this was my body's official statement: No More Dairy. Not even a little, tiny bit. No eating around it, no little tastes here and there. No More Dairy.

It's worth noting, as well, that following this dairy attack, I had tailbone Endo pain and sciatic Endo pain for the first time in nearly a month. That night, I slept terribly, and was very bloating and uncomfortable the next day.

Some might say this is a coincidence, but I find that laughable. To me, this is proof of what my body needs. It's not easy, saying goodbye to more food I love, but why keep around something that doesn't love me back?

Moving forward, I am being much more careful about reading labels and sorting out ingredients - even "may contain" products are out. Sad? Maybe. But there isn't anything I wouldn't give up now, if it means feeling better.


With peace & joy,
Cher <3

PS: Shout-out to Tevanna at Fairview Mall, which hooked me up with an oolong tea that helped settle my stomach nicely. I wish I could remember what it was called!!

No comments:

Post a Comment